• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it could

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotgangsta

could someone tell me if u think this will work it should charge the batteries and caps when i flip one switch and shock when i flip the other

Attachments

• untitled_168.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 919
Where is the NO vote? this wont work

For a human to "feel" a shock it needs to be in the order of 100's if not thousnads of volts (a human can only feel a static discharge if it is greater then 1000V)

you are not going to get a battery with high enough potential.

Also the capacitance needs to be small otherwise you could kill.
As it stands the caps will not charge.

Re-arrange:
Cant be arsed to really think abt how to do this, not enough power for my liking

Attachments

• untitled_987.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 876
Why oh why do newbies always want to shock people? What is with this?

Whatever happened to that "using power for good and not evil" ethos?

This is stupid.

What purpose does it have except annoy or even kill.

As your circuit stands, It won't work.

You would have to have an oscilator, transformer. rectifier, capacitors and know what amperage the discharge current is. Think dc/dc converter. I know it does'nt take much to kill someone with current. Be very careful.

What a useless thing.

Probably why I won't even participate in this poll.

The simplest, easiest, safe, and most reliable way to shock someone is to get the piezo ignitor out of a candle lighter. One that you press the button and it clicks.

Yep piezo ingitors work.But they dont shock all the good unles its still prety new.

I made an litle batery powerd shocker.You can see it here:

Its realy simple to build and can give you an nice shock.I gues it wod also work whith an high incuctance coil intsed of an transfomrer.

for a good shock someone told me to take one of those low rpm motors out of a microwave oven...you know, the one that spins the plate...

anyways
i chucked the shaft of one of those in my drill and turned it...iven at low speeds the motor gives a powerful shock...feels like one of those shocking games

looks like they came out with another version
**broken link removed**

robotgangsta said:
could someone tell me if u think this will work it should charge the batteries and caps when i flip one switch and shock when i flip the other

I can't cast a vote either.

your switches form an AND gate. In other words, nothing can happen until both switches are on.

the easiest way to make your circuit is to plug a capacitor in an outlet until it is charged, and treat the capacitor leads as your pins.

I don't know why you want to do this, but in our opinion, it is a stupid idea.

Plugging a capacitor in an outlet won't charge it mstecha, capacitors pass AC, so it will act like a short, unless maybe you pull it out right at the positive peak of the cycle. If the voltage rating is too low the capacitor will explode.

zachtheterrible said:
Plugging a capacitor in an outlet won't charge it mstecha, capacitors pass AC, so it will act like a short, unless maybe you pull it out right at the positive peak of the cycle. If the voltage rating is too low the capacitor will explode.

I forgot about that.

BUT, the only other way is to get a plug-in DC adapter with a high output voltage rating, and plug the capacitor in that.

I don't work with AC voltages. I only deal with DC. High AC voltage is too dangerous for me to use directly, AND it's just stupid to use it for most hobby circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…