Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shunt controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbar41

I am in a PSU in India . I want to control a 32v dc relay when shunt voltage reach a 60mv state. Actually I want to control dc excitation of a GE locomotive generator which has no differential protection. can anybody help in this project.

My website https://www.essssay.com

you can use an op-amp comparator, there are number of op-amps you can chose, i have attached an example that may be helpful.

Attachments

• comparator.jpg
    comparator.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 135
If this is for a commercial application I would use one of these units which do a very nice job with mV inputs off shunts and offer a low pass filter built in. I would program it for 0 to 100 mV = 4 to 20 mA output. Then run the 4 to 20 mA out through a 500 ohm precision 1% resistor so the 0 to 100 mV in now becomes a nice clean 2 to 10 volts out. I would run that 2 to 10 volts into a comparator like the LM311 some examples of which can be found here. This gives you a nice span to work with from your shunt and takes care of any noise. That is one way I would think about if this is going to be a commercial application.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back