Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shutting down the TV station when not in used damages it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with using the ON/OFF switch?

Since I want to cut off the standby power consumption of the TV station which is quite high.

Last edited:
Why would it damage it?

Unplugging it is the safest solution because it isolates is from anything bad on the mains such as high voltage spikes.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Are there devices that its not recommended to unplug them from the mains when in standby?
like devices with timers or PCs?

There aren't any, unless you're relying on a timer of course.

Got it, thanks!
I thought I heard some electrician say that devices that comprise a timer, such as microwaves, should not be unplugged from the mains.

That's only because it looses the time and has nothing to do with them being damaged.

If your appliance uses an IR remote control, then if you unplug it, you cannot control it using the remote. You will have to get your ass out of the easy chair, and WALK across the room to plug it in :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back