Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

signal attracter

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisistausif

hello
i want to catch TV(cable) signals .
there is a open joint in the cabel line about 5 metre from my area.
i just cant connect directly as it is illegal.
give me way, donot see law.

thisistausif said:
hello
i want to catch TV(cable) signals .
there is a open joint in the cabel line about 5 metre from my area.
i just cant connect directly as it is illegal.
give me way, donot see law.

It's illegal to steal it, no matter how you do it! - don't be a crook, if you want cable TV pay for it!.

If the open joint in the cable leaked a small signal, and you mounted a parabolic dish antenna on your property aimed at it and highly amplified it, it is still illegal. The courts will call it, "Theft of Service".

Many years ago my cable had pay-TV movies with analog scrambling. It was fun to figure out which one of the many analog scrambling methods they used. Then they added more scrambling besides suppressed sync, they inverted parts at times making the scrambled picture negative. I figured it out and my descrambler worked well for many years until they changed to digital.

Some people today in Canada are stealing satellite programs from America because Canadians can't even pay to subscribe. Bootleg program cards are sold that receive all channels if you pay the bootlegger enough for them. The cards fail periodically and must be re-programmed by the bootlegger (it gets to be expensive), or by yourself from scripts on the internet (some work, some don't). Of course those bootleg cards are sold and used in America too, and many people there are sued by the satellite companies for Theft of Service. When a bootlegger gets caught, all his customers also get caught.

Here in malaysia also the fake receivers are available for few hundred dollars, people say those receivers come from Thailand.
These bootleggers are really good in this electronic stuff.

Aside from the moral and legal issues, the leak may be causing problems and it's a matter of time before it gets repaired. I know that one problem that can occur with bad connections is leakage of local stuff into the line. I've had several occasions when the reception of local channels was upset by multiple images. Cable company quickly determined that a break was the problem and made the necessary repairs.

I spent several weeks one summer with a cable company looking for radiating lines. On the cable signal is an added tone just for the purpose. It was called the "cuckoo", it was a warbling tone at the bottom of the FM band.

You drive around in the service truck listening for the tone, and then check for cracked lines, or customers running twin lead to extra TV's.

Cracks and taps caused interference with local channels being broadcast on adjacent channels, producing ghosts.

It was the second most boring job there. The worst is sitting in the "head-end" and logging all the TV and FM channels to ensure they are correct, and tuned well. 83 TV channels, and 40 something FM. And you have to wait for the station ID to be broadcast and log the time and channel. Many only do this station ID at the minimum interval, once an hour. :shock:

audioguru said:
If the open joint in the cable leaked a small signal, and you mounted a parabolic dish antenna on your property aimed at it and highly amplified it, it is still illegal. The courts will call it, "Theft of Service".

the dish should be of steel or what we use to recieve DTH signals else
"things donot came out of law but out of need

One guy in USA beat his conviction for "Theft of Service". On appeal, his high-price lawyer admitted that his client purchased many modified satellite receivers and their decoder cards but showed the court that the prosecution failed to prove that he ever even watched TV.
Now all the jailed bootleggers and their customers are appealing for the same treatment, especially the blind ones. :lol:

audioguru said:
especially the blind ones. :lol:

:lol: :lol: ROFL!!

I remember a friend at school who approached me for my (miniscule!!)knowledge in electronics, to help him build a decoder to recieve and watch pirated material. It all became useless when it all became digital. decoding it know would probably take a long time. And time is money right, so instead of wasting time to build and decode this "signal" your better off paying for the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back