Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

signals in serial out

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitorwa

I am looking for a circuit design to perform the following.
I want to receive up to 16 signals, these may be a steady signal between 5vdc and 24vdc or may be a pulse. I want to send out 232 serail information to another device depending on the signals received . The device will be used to connect to a photocopier to record the types and number of copies made and send this information via 232 serial to a program we will develop and run on a PC. for example the circuit may receive a steady 5vdc signal on line 1 (to show colour has been selected) and steady signal on line 2 (two show A3 has been selected) then count pulses on line three to show as each copy is made. I was this information to be received via 232 into our program and to show what is being copied and the counts as they are made. I also need to be able to send a command from the PC to the device to activate any of the four relays it would need to have. This would be to enable the copier after some sort of authentication such as a card swipe.
I have more detailed information which I have attached as a seperate document and would be happy to pay for someone to design this is it is a reasonable price - I can be contacted on dave.r@monitorwa.com.au for more information

thanks

Dave

Have you worked out how the photocopier is going to indicate( tell another device ) the number of coppies , ect ?

Hi There - we connect control devices to copiers all the time so are pretty familar with the out puts - although they do differ from model to model but generally they put out a 5vdc signal while something like colour or A3 is selected and every time a piece of paper passes the exit sensor the copier outputs a 24vdc pulse. So for example if you did 10 copies it will put out a pulse as each copy passes this sensor. Copiers have a standard plug with this count pulse as most are designed to cater for controllers being fitted

regards

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back