Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Significance of resistance of the wireless power transmitter coil at resonance frequency

hiyo

I am characterizing a wireless transfer coil with the help of this document from Omicron.

In page no no-7 you can see that they are finding the resistance of the coil at resonance and it's value is 9.304K Ohm.

May I know the significance or impact of this resistance in wireless power transfer.

I believe it has no significance,they are just finding the resonance frequency for other calculations.Please correct me if I am wrong.

The resistance at resonance is used in the QUCS simulation in Section 3, on page 13 of the document.

JimB

A coils parasitic R dissipates energy one consequence.

The "effective" L of the coil is reduced, consider seriesl to parallel
z transformation :

1728663743969.png

Latest threads

Back