Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silly transistor question, Voltage to the base

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuttaphong191

I have this transistor 3904. My question is: what is the max voltage I can apply to the base? Is EB voltage it? Why is CB voltage is so high? And why is there any voltage there at all? CE voltage makes sense but CB voltage?

nuttaphong191 said:
I have this transistor 3904. My question is: what is the max voltage I can apply to the base? Is EB voltage it? Why is CB voltage is so high? And why is there any voltage there at all? CE voltage makes sense but CB voltage?

You had better read up on transistor basics.

To answer your first question, the max voltge you can put on the base is really unlimited. However, when the voltage is sufficiently beyond ~ 0.65V or so, the device could be in saturation and might get destroyed depending on it's power dissipation. so I dont know unless I know the rest of your circuit.

The statement why is CB so high makes no sense. Are you talking about the max value it can have from the datasheet? If so, it is so high because it was designed that way.. ask a more sensible question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back