Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM340 communication trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

magester1

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted something here.

I'm working on a project, interfacing a GSM module, SIM340CZ, with the PC.

The first I powered it up, with a SIM card attached, everything worked just fine. I was able to set the correct new baud rate to 9600, the flow control to software and even sent and received text messages.
I was able to power it down successfully, however, after a couple a minutes I tried turning it on again and I haven't been able to get it to work again.
I get the AT command CFUN: 1, CPIN: ready and "call ready" repeatedly over and over again. It would seem the module is resetting itself after around 10 seconds. If I remove the SIM card then I can once again communicate with the module without any problems.

I'm using the voltage regulator specified by the hardware design sheet (MIC29302) powered by a computer PSU rated for 20A at 5v, do you think the output voltage is stable enough or should I try with something else? It seemed like a good idea, given that the first time that worked just fine.

I don't have an oscilloscope at hand, so I can't check for a drop in voltage.

Thanks guys, I hope you can help me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back