Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple audio Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any plans for a simple audio transmitter. I want to be able to plug in say my Ipod(any audio source), and transmit the audio to an FM radio.

I know you can buy these, but I want to build one myself.

Thanks

In the search box in Google, enter Silicon Chip Micromitter. The 1st link will be their entire stereo FM transmitter project for free.

There are some higher end kits that are still relatively inexpensive. Frequency stability, among other things, can be a problem with simpler designs. These kits provide the stability and other improvements. Ramsey is one of the makers of the kits - as I recall.

The IC used in the new Silicon Chip project uses a crystal and a phase-locked-loop for its tuning accuracy. I have seen a product in the store made by (or made for) Maxell that uses it.
There are kits with it in Australia and New Zealand.

The new IC replaces an older IC that performed very poorly and is still used in cheap kits.

The Silicon Chip project looks nice. Cost of the IC for me is $3.92 from Digikey. Only other item that might cost a little bit is the crystal. While not simple the project doesn't seem all that complex either.

Does any one have a simple, low part count, mono fm transmitter idea?
Please tell me.

Does any one have a simple, low part count, mono fm transmitter idea?
Please tell me.
There are thousands of these circuits on the internet. I highlighted the reasons why their received quality is extremely poor.
Usually their radio frequency drifts all over the place and the audio is very muffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back