Simple LED bar graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozly

My intent is to build an led bar graph using nothing but 4 LEDs, 10k Pot, and some reisistors.
The aim is to light up more LEDs as the resistance on the POT goes up and less as it goes down.

Here is the diagram:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/41303266@N07/5139378745
**broken link removed**

The idea was that each junction delivers more than 3V needed to light up an LED when the pot is at 10k and less than 3 when the pot is at 5k

I didn't realize some mistakes until after I built the circuit. The problem is that one led lights (LED1 on the diagram) up only. After using a multimeter I found that there wasn't enough voltage across the others. Can someone give me some suggestions?

Last edited:
Unfortunately from work I can't see your image. However for four LEDs why not just use an LM339 comparator (unless that is what you did use).

Ron

My intent is to build an led bar graph using nothing but 4 LEDs, 10k Pot, and some reisistors.
The aim is to light up more LEDs as the resistance on the POT goes up and less as it goes down.

Can't be done. **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Leds

Don't know if you will like this one or not. More leds turn on as you reduce the size of the pot. They also gradually turn on as the pot goes from 10k down to 0.

Attachments

• leds.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 287
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…