Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple linear servo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporgo

I am looking for some advice on what I can use as a simple linear servo to push a latch release mechanism. The servo needs to push/pull down on a spring loaded latch which acts as a catch for a rail mounted sliding aluminum rod. The servo needs to release the latch upon the press of a momentary switch and then allow the latch to return to its original position when the switch is released. I need a very small servo for this project. There is not much room to work with, say less than an inch in all directions.

I know I need a control circuit but I have not done any electronics projects in a long time so I thought I might just order something like this: ServoCity Manual Servo Driver - RobotShop.ca to simplify things.

I guess I will just use a nano servo with some kind of linkage I think that is best the solution. Anyone have a different suggestion?

Last edited:
As you only require 2 positions, have you considered model railway points motors. The N-gauge ones are tiny.

BTW, the board you linked to has two potentiometers not two push buttons.

Mike.

Last edited:
I think lefty is probably right. A simple 12v solenoid will work better for this project if I can find one the right size.

How about an electric door lock from a car, they come in several different configurations/sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back