Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyjackson

hello everybody.

I'm looking for the simplest way of making a motor work in forward and reverse directions.

Using a pic 16f628

using simple 1.5 > 3v motor

Looking for pointers on how to connect it to the pic, so that, the PIC can control the motor in either forward or reverse direction.

Many thanks in advance!

microchip has MOSFET driver ICs that output 2A continues (9A peak).They can source and sink.Its like an half H bridge but it has no off mode so its useles that way.But if you use 2 driving each its own motors contact it can conrol it bouth ways whithout an duble suply.

You can get them for free trough there sampeling service but it can take a long time to ship them.

U might want to try the L293D its a H-Bridge IC capable of driving 2 motors.

Might be what u want, possibly smaller than MOSFET / relays, if ur just starting out, this is probably the easiest way to do motor control for small motors.

74C139 stacked 3 times.

Cost: 20 cents each x 3 = 60 cents.

Each stack can control two motors forward and backward. Actually, I think up to 4 non-simultaneous motor controll is possilble.

this may be your simplest solution. I am planning to use 16F628 with 74C139 to control 8 motors total for my 4 legged walker.

MathGeek said:
74C139 stacked 3 times.

Each stack can control two motors forward and backward. Actually, I think up to 4 non-simultaneous motor controll is possilble.

this may be your simplest solution. I am planning to use 16F628 with 74C139 to control 8 motors total for my 4 legged walker.

k ... could anyone explain more about 74C139 and wat does it do .. im very new to microcontrollers.. tell u wat i have to do ... and probably u could explain how i can go about doing it ... im designing a microcontroller controlled wheelchair.. i have lots of questions

1.how does a microcontroller control the motors??
2.my whole project is made up of 3 parts..
a)the microcontroller
b)the wheelchair
c)human body( as the human body moves, it mechanically varies the potentiometer, but i dont know how the varying of the potentiometer sets the direction of the wheelchair)
how does the MC sense the movement to control the wheelchair??

kupikupi said:
MathGeek said:
74C139 stacked 3 times.

k ... could anyone explain more about 74C139 and wat does it do .. im very new to microcontrollers.. tell u wat i have to do ... and probably u could explain how i can go about doing it ... im designing a microcontroller controlled wheelchair.. i have lots of questions

1.how does a microcontroller control the motors??
2.my whole project is made up of 3 parts..
a)the microcontroller
b)the wheelchair
c)human body( as the human body moves, it mechanically varies the potentiometer, but i dont know how the varying of the potentiometer sets the direction of the wheelchair)
how does the MC sense the movement to control the wheelchair??

74C139 is nowhere close to controlling motors large enough to move a wheelchair. 74C139 is for moving a bunch of toy motors....

for more information on motor controls...

**broken link removed**

MathGeek said:
74C139 is nowhere close to controlling motors large enough to move a wheelchair. 74C139 is for moving a bunch of toy motors....

for more information on motor controls...

**broken link removed**

Ooops ... im sorry .. i forgot to mention .. it's not a real wheel chair .. it's just a miniature.. something like a toy wheelchair... and the human body control is remote ... meaning that all three parts i mentioned above will be at 3 differrent places... thePIC detects my body movement and sends signal to the wheelchair(with a barbie doll on it) to move..

MathGeek said:
74C139 stacked 3 times.

i can't seem to find any onfo bout 74C139... anyone has info bout that??

is it better to use L293D or 74C139??
wats the difference, im using it to drive a mini wheelchair .. to fit a barbir doll... it has to rotat both ways and avoid obstacles.... any help ?? thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back