Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple reboot timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

izyrider

I have two 12V DC power bricks feeding devices A and B
Occasionally I need to reboot A or reboot B-then-A.

Today I simply disconnect the DC power-line(s) - unplug 'em!
This works perfectly for me but requires ducking under the desk and getting the re-plugging sequence right (...which doesn't suit all family members), so I'm looking for something to cut/reinstate those DC lines for me.

Reboot sequences:

REBOOT A
========
Cut DC to device A
Wait 10 seconds
Reinstate DC to Device A

REBOOT B
========
Cut DC to device A & device B (nothing critical in which dies first)
Wait 10 seconds
Reinstate DC to Device B
Wait 10 seconds
Reinstate DC to device A

'10 seconds' is not critical, anything round about there would do equally well, A-reboot minimum is 5 seconds.

Preferred 'interface' would be two momentary-contact buttons to reboot A or reboot B+A
I would prefer modest current requirement so I can parasite off one of the existing 12V bricks without grilling the desk.

Soldering irons, veroboard, ICs on a socket are OK. Much more than that and I'm sinking!

izyrider

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back