Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple vhf receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfl???

Anyone out there know where I can get a simple vhf receiver "very simple".

I have a micro transmitter (vhf pulse) that transmits at 164mhz 4.807 khz (atstrack.com. product is an avain a2415)

the receivers that are out there are way too complex and expensive. (i.e. 50 channel programable,auto scan....) all

I need is a small hand held dial in receiver. Any Ideas?

P.S. I also have a yagi ant. for that frequency.

If you could find one of those older tunable handheld weather radios, it would probably go up to 164Mhz. (VHF weather channels are around 162Mhz)
You'd have to modify it to recieve CW RF pulses.

Last edited:
I gather you have a carrier at 164MHz and it's modulated with 4.807kHz. Can't tell if it's FM or AM. If it's FM and if you don't need much sensitivity, consider modifying one of those horrible auto-scan receivers you get at the Dollar Store. Should be able to get it up to 164 by taking a few turns off the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back