Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation program ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seti75

hello

til is possible that a simulated program (16F877)
works well in simulation with Ares (Proteus)
but in practice it does not work exactly as the simulation ?

thanks

Hi,

In a word, Yes, but not necessarily because Proteus is at fault, quiet possibly that you have not set some parameter or stimuli to what is needed.

That is why the MPlab / Pickit / ICD and similar Debuggers are so useful.

thank you for the reply.

I do not know if it's helpful to explain in detail my problem, it is .asm and it seems that people here can know assembler

Hi,

There are lots of folk here using Assembler and familiar with Proteus.

Post your code and .dsn and an idea of whats going wrong - am sure you will get an answer - doesn't matter if its simple or complex - plenty of help around.

What you need to explain is what is occurring in your simulated situation that is or is not occurring in the real world one.

First of all the simulation program in Proteus is ISIS not ARES.ARES is its PCB protyping part(not very good though)

I have been using ISIS for quite some time now and here are some of the thigns that i have observed which proteus is faulty at:

1) Configuration settings like say LVP(PRoteus would run it fine but not so in a practical circuit)

2) Timing for say AD converter.(Port duration can be analyzed by a logic analyzer but visually not).

All apart i would ask you to post your DSN file and the program.

I face this type of problem when:

1. Interfacing Extn modules. eg. LCD with req. delay different from that in proteus
2. Calibrating ADC ( in Proteus it works in Ideal condition but in practice..........)

Try your code on one or two different simulators ( PIC Sim, Real PIC etc ) and if its working in all, then you need to check your circuit.
Again, Posting the ckt diagram will make things easy!!!!!!!!

I face this type of problem when:

1. Interfacing Extn modules. eg. LCD with req. delay different from that in proteus
2. Calibrating ADC ( in Proteus it works in Ideal condition but in practice..........)

Try your code on one or two different simulators ( PIC Sim, Real PIC etc ) and if its working in all, then you need to check your circuit.
Again, Posting the ckt diagram will make things easy!!!!!!!!

Yeah there is an other problem that i noticed in proteus.It was when i was simulating Nigel's Tutorials using a 16F628A its of a pull up resistor.It just wasnt working.Although i have interfaced LCD's with non pullup pins easily.

Last edited:
I'll explain everything.
This is not to alarm me is the EPEE MAG.
( Free - Envoyez vos documents )

I ais changed. simulation works well on isis. (sorry)
but in practice, the second time that the sensor presence
is enabled (a second detection) LCD display clearly indicates
that a sensor is activated, but no alarm! ?
the simulation is in practice my alarm only works once! ? (the first).

my program video isis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIN1k8-DQFs
my program.
**broken link removed**

thanks

I board found, problem solved, thank you to all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back