Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation Softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsahmed

I need a good comparison of the 'goodness' of the following softwares, regarding schematic design, simulation, HDL support (VHSIC or Verilog) & layout. & Does any of these support VLSI layout as well?

Orcad(V. 9.2 or 10)
Protel DXP
MicroCAD (V. 8)
AIMSpice.

Thank u.

I like OrCAD. It's the main software used at my university... It has practically good stand in all areas, but VLSI... I don't think it's much good at it, bc its design interface is on sheet of papers, just good at drawing small circuits, though you could use it for any electrical purpose... I use protel to draw circuits on PCB (boards)... The other two, sorry, i haven't heard of'em...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back