Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine Variable Resistor in LTspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ademl

I'm trying to build a circuit in LTspice that includes a resistor varying as a sine function of time. I've read a few other posts about this but can't find a solution that works. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

How to time vary a resistor in LTSpice

I'm trying to build a circuit in LTspice that includes a resistor varying as a sine function of time. I've read a few other posts about this but can't find a solution that works. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Here you go!

Attachments

• D2.png
    D2.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 8,346
Last edited:
Variable Capacitor, Similar Approach With a Twist

I had no luck making a varying capacitor with this exact approach but this post was a good starting point. What eventually did work for me was to use the charge based capacitor model. In place of a value like "100pF" put something like "Q=V(Cval)*x" where Cval is a signal name corresponding to the capacitor control value.

Borrowing directly from the LTSpice help file,
"There is a special variable, x, that means the voltage across the device. Therefore, a 100pF constant capacitance can be written as Cnnn n1 n2 Q=100p*x"

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back