Sinewave oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

erique82

Can anyone provide/teach me how to make a 2Mhz sinewave oscillator.... I tried designing one on multisim with tl071 as op amp, but no output came out during simulation... please provide me with a circuit diagram...tq...

erique82 said:
Can anyone provide/teach me how to make a 2Mhz sinewave oscillator.... I tried designing one on multisim with tl071 as op amp, but no output came out during simulation... please provide me with a circuit diagram...tq...

What's it for?.

2MHz is RF, and you should really be looking at LC oscillators! - not audio opamps!.

Looking at the datasheet for the TL071, at 2MHz its output max slew-rate would produce a tiny triangle wave.
Its max gain at 2MHz is slightly more than a piece of wire.

Attachments

• tl071_398.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 704
2MHz is a radio frequency. To make a radio frequency oscillator then you should use parts that can operate that high.

Many transistors will work above that frequency well, a discrete design is probably best.

think i should use colpitts? but then what type of bjt/fet transistor should i use?? this is too much for a newbie to understand

erique82 said:
think i should use colpitts?
Use Colpitts, Hartley or another LC oscillator.

what type of bjt/fet transistor should i use?
Look at a few datasheets and you will see that ordinary audio transistors such as a 2N3904 or BC547 work up to about 300MHz, so 2MHz is no problem for them. Your concern about selecting a suitable transistor might depend on the output voltage or power of your oscillator.

this is too much for a newbie to understand
Just design the oscillator one step at a time and it will be easy.

i think you should have an amplifier, LC circuit in which it is tuned at 2mhz, & dont forget the feedback circuit .

2N3904 i think its fine already,
LC circuit you should use the formula for certian frequency or you can use a crystal oscillator
if you are using colpitss, i think much better to use a haRTLEY OR ARMSTRONG.

tHANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…