Single battery replacement for (3) LR44s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

Just curious if anyone here is familiar with batteries? My laser sight uses a stack of (3) LR44s at 1.5VDC each. gets real old replacing them so I would like to find a cheaper solution. Maybe even rechargeable and I can make a little recharger for it. I see these single cells but looks like they are either 1.5V or 12V? Is there a 4.5-5V solution out there?

I get them for $0.39 each at qty =30. Locally I can get them for about $1.50, but may have to wait 1-1.5 weeks. At $4.99 a pop, though they would get to be expensive. I stock the LR44's and the Cr2032's at home. Only the LR44's physically work in in my devices. The substitutes don't work well.

Check out: **broken link removed** and **broken link removed**

I did look at your links a really appreciate that. I did want to ask since you mention "substitutes", are there some out there? They might work for me. Looking at the longer lasting 357, those are about 2 bucks each! Gets expensive and I would much rather just recharge something if possible.

If I go to Radio Shack, I'll get suggestions for substitutes. In my digital caliper, the battery door will fall out. If I use them in a thermometer, the battery tab dosen't quite work, so I had to give up on them.

If you knew what the battery drain was, you might be able to replace with a charge pump, but it might be tough. I also don't know if you can create a "blank battery" with contacts and put the battery(s) external?

By batteries, I mean somthing else and possibly a DC/DC converter. 3 rechargeable AAA's might work directly. A 12 V, "A23" cell with a DC-DC converter might also be a choice, but I think these are not rechargeable. How about something like a 3 cell Ni-CAD portable phone battery pack?

A cheap laser pointer uses the internal resistance of weak little battery cells to limit the current. AAA cells have such a higher amount of current that the laser will blow up.

The voltage of three Ni-Cad or Ni-MH cells is only 3.6V and might not be high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…