Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single Chip BCD Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

I was thinking about designing a simple BCD clock recently just for techie appeal (grin). I'm still brain-storming the panel layout and user interface.

One thought was to use a single switch to toggle three different modes; (1) display time, (2) display date, (3) combo mode - during each 10 second interval display the time during the 0..6 second portion and display the date during the 7..9 second portion.

Another thought was to simply use the combo mode mentioned above but to scan the seven day-of-week LEDs back and forth a la "night rider" as a 1 second heartbeat of sorts during the seven second "time" portion of each 10 second interval. This way I could use the second panel layout below and it'd be pretty clear what you're viewing - the "time" when "night rider" is scanning and the "date" when the day-of-week LED is stationary.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Elektor had a very similar project to this in the Jan 2007 edition. It was based on the **broken link removed**.

Mike.

I want to get this circuit Design

Hello all!
I want to get this clock circuit.
If you can effort,please send me this circuit via Email: thuratun@myanmarengineer.org
I have to make project for my university.S0,I want to get this circuit block diagram and list of components included in it.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back