Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single/double acting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwame

HI FOLKS
I AM TRYING TO FIND A 12V/24V DC ELECTROMECHANICAL LINEAR ACTUATOR FOR A PROJECT WORK.BUT UNLIKE HYDRAULIC AND PNEUMATIC CYLINDERS,PRODUCERS OF ELECTROMECHANICAL ACTUATORS DO NOT INDICATE WHETHER THEY ARE SINGLE /DOUBLE ACTING.
ANYONE WHO HAS SOME HANDS ON EXPERIENCE WITH LINEAR ACTUATORS SHOULD KINDLY HELP ME OUT.
I WANT AN ACTUATOR WHICH CAN PUSH AS WELL AS PULL A LOAD OF 150 pounds.
KWAME

Electromechanical actuators are typically driven by a DC motor, and as such, can be reversed by reversing the applied voltage. If you have any doubt, contact the distributor.

Please don't yell (all caps). I don't know of any single-acting electric actuators. You don't have any stroke info.

There are apparently a few ways to control the DC actuators.

LIMIT SWITCHES - adjustable and non-adjustable
POSITION FEEDBACK - Potentiometer, mechanical pulses and pulses created by a hall effect sensor.

Don't expect to be able to get all options.

Be prepared to mortgage your house to pay for it if you want a nice one. I was quoted $10k for one for a conveyor pusher and all of its controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back