Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single ic flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmusic

Hi i would like to know if there is a single IC on market that it just a simple flasher with very low external parts count , i know 555 exist but they need too much external parts to make it astable i only need about 1hz flash
the perfect package would be sot23-3

If you want to flash an LED, you can buy LED's with an inbuilt 1sec flash.

My question exactly, how precise is the 1 Hz?
What is your voltage source?

Waaaay back, National Semi produced the LM3909, which worked from a single alkaline cell. Unfortunately it is discontinued, but you may still goggle it and find some stock.

For an ultimate "single chip" solution, you may use a device from the PIC10F-series of microcontrollers. They do come in 6 pin SOT23 packages.

If you want a very simple and cheap solution, use a PIC16F84, add a crystal, two 22pF capacitors and a few lines of ASM.

how a bout a UJT? Those can make a low speed low parts flasher.

If you want to flash a high powered LED of incandescent lamp, just put the LED in series with a suitable resistor connect it to a transistor's base and connect it to +V.

I'll post a schematic if this isn't clear enough.

Transistors could do it too.

Attachments

• flash osc.gif
    flash osc.gif
    8 KB · Views: 275
  • flasher%20circuit.jpg
    flasher%20circuit.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 316
  • 15flash.gif
    15flash.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 298
Status