Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single photon detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

yctek

Hi everyone does anyone know where I can find retailers of single photon detector who also ship them to South Africa

Is the problem finding the detector or shipping to RSA? We used to use LN2 cooled photomultipliers (1970) and got close to single photon sensitivity. I would not think either item would be hard to source. What methods are you considering? John

Any single photon detector within the telecommunications range (1550 nm) will be ok. I am involved in a project for data and massage encryption. Phase modulation of the data carrying single photon light is used for encryption. For phase modulation a crystal will be used which obeys Pockels effect (birefringence is proportional to the applied electric field) and single photon will be released by a laser diode. So far a laser diode has been assembled, and we are still looking for chipper retailers which cut (up to nano size) and sell crystals. Conclusively the system will have laser diode (massage), optical phase modulator (for massage encryption) and single photon detector (to read the encrypted massage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back