Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single supply amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

nos_joel

Hello everyone,
I am trying to desing a single supply current amplifier to drive a motor. The fact is that I don't want to use a H bridge. I have been using a AB class amp, but it requires two bias. Could someone help me?.
Regards

Why don't you want to use an H bridge?

Torben

Hello everyone,
I am trying to desing a single supply current amplifier to drive a motor. The fact is that I don't want to use a H bridge. I have been using a AB class amp,
78% efficient
but it requires two bias.
You mean plus and minus supplies?

Use an emitter follower, 50% efficient?

You need reversing?
What steady-state voltage & current into the motor?

Last edited:
Why don't you want to use an h-bridge?

You'll need a dual power supply if don't use one and still want to reverse the motor. If you don't want to reverse the motor then fine don't use an h-bridge.

Why are you bothering with class AB, class B will do, although it's a pretty rubbish way of controlling a motor the torque will be very low at low speeds, use PWM and and h-bridge for best results.

thanks for replaying,
Well I have never used an H bridge, but I have heard a lot about them and know about their function. I am trying to move the motor on both directions. If I want the motor to turn on clockwise direction I should enable two transistors, and if want to turn on the other direction should enable the other two transistors.
I will control a servo motor subtracting the reference and the feedback signal which as a result will give both + and - voltage. The question is, how do I control the servo using the H bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back