Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvelous

Hi guys,

I wonder something:

Does any circuit with PIC consume power while in sleep mode (assuming i used sleep mode in coding my PIC)?

For the sake of simplicity, assume i have a circuit with a button and when i do not push the button for 10 minutes, the circuit goes to sleep mode until i push the button again. It then wakes up.

So, if i use sleep mode, would it let me get rid of any power on/off button from my circuit?

Thanks.
Ender

marvelous said:
Hi guys,

I wonder something:

Does any circuit with PIC consume power while in sleep mode (assuming i used sleep mode in coding my PIC)?

For the sake of simplicity, assume i have a circuit with a button and when i do not push the button for 10 minutes, the circuit goes to sleep mode until i push the button again. It then wakes up.

So, if i use sleep mode, would it let me get rid of any power on/off button from my circuit?

Yes, but you have to make sure you design your circuit to have minimum power consumption, and also have some way of waking it up - there are MicroChip application notes dealing with this very application. The PIC still uses some current, but it's very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back