Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small and cheap video LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkrja

Hi,
I'm looking for LCD-displays with video interface. It should be no bigger than 4". Does anyone know were to look for them?

Thanks,
Kristian

You can probably find either "small" or "cheap" but not both. Finding the manufacturer is only the beginning. The next problem is finding a way to buy just one for development. Most of the sales quantities of these devices are in the five to seven figure range. I'd be interested myself if you can succeed.

I've bought 5 and 6 inch for $50.00 US. They are extra monitors for in car video (DVD players). Got them through surplus sites, but work pretty good. I got them for my security cameras, so I could see them in other rooms of my house.
Haven't seen any under 5", or under $42.00 though, but wasn't looking either.

Try Electronic Goldmine, Partsexpress, or Allelectronics websites, pretty sure it was one of these.

You might try this place: **broken link removed**. Several years ago I bought a Sharp 4L-U4E from them. It's a 4 inch diagonal measure, NTSC, color LCD. They only listed monochrome (black & white) units with that model number on their site, I don't know if they can still get the color units or not.
JB

What did you want to drive it with? VGA? NTSC? Microcontroller?

Thanks for your replies.

I want to use it with an embedded PC and it has both VGA and TV-out. The problem is that the small VGA-displays seems to be very expensive, the video monitors are cheaper. At first I wanted to use its serial port to control a display but it seems a bit of a waste to not use the VGA or TV-out when its already there.

Maybe I can ask if someone know how hard it is to build own controllers for displays? If for example I come over a mobile camera display, is it then difficult to build a video or VGA-controller?

Thanks again!

xkrja said:
Maybe I can ask if someone know how hard it is to build own controllers for displays? If for example I come over a mobile camera display, is it then difficult to build a video or VGA-controller?

I would suggest EXTREMELY!!!! hard - not to be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back