Small Board

overthemoon

Hi guy my spinning decoy has given up the ghost , used it last week and it was fine , was going out sun put three sets of batteries in and just a hum , opened it up and checked and its not getting the full 6v , I took the diode out to check and seems ok , it has a rotary controller for speed and a switch which runs the motor or motor and led , the motor is fine tested it with 6v and its fine , be great if someone could point me in the right directions as must be something simple , the jack is for remote on via an aux socket on the caller thanks for lookin,PS be gentle I am a novice OAP but trying to learn new tricks lol tks

Attachments

• 20240514_160250.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
A better infocus set of pics makes it easier to spot some conditions
of part failures....

Just a thought.

Regards, Dana.

A better infocus set of pics makes it easier to spot some conditions
of part failures....

Just a thought.

Regards, Dana.
Please inspect the circuit for broken traces. Also, notice if any particular component is getting hot.
Many thanks for the replies I have an old phone as I know how to work it lol tried to get better pics , I put the diode back in yesterday and from the out put I get 5.3v then it drops to nothing in a second then back to 5.3v the motor works on 5.3v as I tested it direct to battery contacts , I have also tried no rechargeable energisers (new) but just the same but has always run on rechargeable ones thanks Ps I cleaned up the solder on the diode after pics

Attachments

• 20240516_091104.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…