Small Flat Distribution Board (DB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage

Hi All,

I am soon moving into my new, first ever purchased house that I just baught! The house has a seperate flat which is a bit lacking in terms of the electrical supply, as well as the management thereof. I am in the process of re-designing the entire DB for the flat, installing various things, most important of which is a pre-paid electricity meter as we intent to lease the flat out.

Granted, there are local laws and regulations that I need to adhere to, but given our supply of 220V locally available, I was wondering whether someone can give the below diagram for my proposed DB a run through and see whether there is any obvious problems, faults, and/or flaws in the design.

The basic idea is that a 220V supply is pulled from 'Clean Power' (pulled before the Earth Leakage) from the main DB inside the house. A 50A Main Breaker is installed in the DB inside the house, mainly for safety purposes when working with the power. From there I have purchased a pre-paid electricity meter and the 'switch' part of the pre-paid meter is installed in my main DB where the tenants would not have access to tamper with the wiring.

After the pre-paid meter, electricity runs via underground conduits to the DB inside the flat, where it is connected to a 50A 'Mains Switch', Earth Leakage, as well as Surge Protector (just in case). Additionally as there is not allot of lights and/or wall plugs in the flat, I have elected for 40A for the Stove, 25A for the Geyser, 20A for all the plugs and 10A for all the lights.

Would appreciate it if anyone can give some recommendations, especially in terms of possible values for the circuit breakers, and especially check me on the size of the Earth Leakage proposed. Would value any feedback - especially from electricians wiring homes on a daily basis...

Thanks,
Chris.

Attachments

• Flat DB.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,130
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…