Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small keyboard missing battery terminals?

theakx

I got a $1 keyboard (Logitech ERGO K860 Wireless Split Keyboard) at a garage sale that's worth quite a bit more than that and would like to use it. But the batteries didn't make any contact and just slid back and forth.

On closer inspection, idk if there's even metal terminals in this thing. I tried to test continuity between all the points that looked like metal contacts. IDK even know what someone did to this thing to make it this way.

Can anyone point me in a direction if this is fixable and if so what part I would need? I was thinking a leaf spring terminal set? But the other side doesn't even look like you could put in one? Doesn't it need full contact on both sides of both batteries? I'm clueless, not too good with this stuff haha.

I asked r/ElectronicsRepair but got no answer.

r/AskElectronics deleted my post and told me to post to r/techsupport. No answers from anybody

Included a couple pics of the entry and then I took it apart and took a pic of the other side. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Pics of keyboard:

It does without saying – if there are no battery contacts, it's not going to work. There are no contacts in your pictures.

There should be contacts coming up from the circuit boars through those rectangular holes – either metal tabs or solid wires (like a paperclip). Open the case and see what's inside.

Some may have opened the case, and put it back together without aligning the contacts with the slots. But that doesn't explain the missing contact at the other end to connect the positive and negative terminals between the batteries.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back