Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

netbug

hi,

Are there any small LCD that I can control with a PIC ? I am using 2 x 16 LCD with HD44780 chip, but I need something smaller to display time and date. Let's say an LCD that is less than a half of the size of the 2 x 16 LCD.

Is there anything that you might know on the market ?

Best regards,

Pedro Cardoso

I just bought a 2x8 display from mouser a month or two ago. This one is a bit larger than the one pictured. The PCB measures 2.25" x 1.25" (5.8 x 3.2 cm), while the display is 1.5" x 5/8" (3.8 x 16 cm). Runs $8.93 with backlight, and I believe they have one a couple dollars less without backlight.

Mouser product page
**broken link removed**

Here's the smallest graphic display I can find in their catalog.
The viewing area is 6 x 1.85 cm, and it has 122 x 32 pixels:
Mouser product page

Finally, if money is no object, here is an OLED display with a tiny viewing area of 16.7 x 23 mm that is 96x62 pixels. It runs $52, and uses 3 different colors depending on the region of the display.
Mouser product page

Dan East

Hi,

Evandude thank you for the pictures with the dimensions it's very useful.

Dan East thank you for your help. I think I'll try to find some 2x8 LCD's on local stores, otherwise I'll buy them via internet, as sugested. The OLED display is to much expensive.

Once again thanks a lot.

Best regards

Pedro Cardoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back