Small wireless link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Anyone know of a small wireless IC / module that has a range of a few meters, can be FM/AM/Bluetooth anything as long as its small. ideally a few mm

Thanks

Steve

To echo arunb...what do you mean by a "few mm"...3mm...10mm?
Also, what power will you have available?
What are you driving with the receiver?

Ken

rezer, Kmoffett

KMoffett, as small as possible, board is 43X31 and I have whole underside to use but very little depth <3mm

Rezer, can you use RFID as a data link? thought it was just a unique ID you for back a request?

Thx all

Scarr, what about datarate? What is this being used for? Digital? audio?

I would consider the the nordic 24L01. Sparkfun.com sell small modules (2cm x 2cm) with a chip antenna that give a 'usable' datarate of up to 250kb/s...but if you're just sending the odd packet then it might be overkill. That said, its only 20USD. Would require configuring with a micro though for channel selection etc..

ALL depends on your application.

Blueteeth

KMoffett, as small as possible, board is 43X31 and I have whole underside to use but very little depth <3mm

Rezer, can you use RFID as a data link? thought it was just a unique ID you for back a request?

Thx all

Correct, RFID is primarily used for remote access. It usually sends just a code when the tranceiver is close enough but you did not say exactly what you wanted to do. For a data link, this would not be a suitable choice if your wanting two-way communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…