smoke particals

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello friends.
i want to make an smoke ionizer,mean that particals of smoke will break into ions,i just want know how i can do this?
if anyone have idea about this plz tell me.
thanks

hello friends.
i want to make an smoke ionizer,mean that particals of smoke will break into ions,i just want know how i can do this?
if anyone have idea about this plz tell me.
thanks

By definition, "smoke" is a solid suspended in a gas, so I'd think you'd need an awful lot of energy to disintegrate solid particles into atoms lacking electrons.

I hope you don't do this anywhere near Maryland.

Last edited:
What he is looking for is a negative ion generator; something which produces a stream of negative ions, which can attach themselves to smoke particles which are missing an electron, and which will cause them to precipitate out of the atmosphere.

Usually this is done with a high voltage generator where the - output is sent to a needle.

You mean like an electronic air cleaner?

smoke particles are ionized in electrostatic air cleaners used in clean room technique at semiconductor manufacturers'.

They must have at least 25,000V and a relatively high amperage too.

Any control device working with an MCU must be placed well away (50m+) with double shielding on each cable.

All the shielding fails if the smoke particles cause an arc inside the filter.

Boncuk

You mean like an electronic air cleaner?

Yea, I have a couple of little ones that I bought cheap. They work in a small space, and you can smell a 'fresh as rain' smell. Falling water also releases ions.

They don't have to be that big, or powerful, but I suppose in a clean room, you would want that kind of power. I think you do need around 10kV, though. You don't need lots of current in a home one.

Makes sense for low airflow requirments. In a manufacturing facility the air masses to be moved are about 500,000 cubicmeters per hour.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…