Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmoud shendy

Hi everybody..
I am very interested in Switch Mode Power Design, where can I get free books or articles learning
me about this issue.

I am waiting for your replies..

thanx a lot... SHENDY

Hi everybody..
I am very interested in Switch Mode Power Design, where can I get free books or articles learning
me about this issue.

thanx a lot... SHENDY

SHENDY , there are manufacturers of PWM drivers you can check their sites , like On semi, national , LT , Texas instruments etc for application notes.

Hi everybody..
me about this issue.

thanx a lot... SHENDY

hi,
This may help.:)

Attachments

• SMPSRM-D.PDF
    804.5 KB · Views: 623
can input current be less than the output current for designing a switching regulator????? pls answer

hi.. i want to design a power supply of 7v,3.3v,1.8v respectively with 400m,500m,600m output current... i don want to use flyback regulator.. for which output values i can use linear & for which switching????? vin=12v,Iin=1A.. plz inform can i cascade the individual designs of the above 3...? if yes then either in parrallel or series???

can input current be less than the output current for designing a switching regulator????? pls answer
Think in terms of input power, output power, and efficiency.

Decent switchers average 80% efficient, so if you have 12V in and 6V out you have 12V/6V*0.8=1.6 Amp out per Amp in.

Dan

hi.. i want to design a power supply of 7v,3.3v,1.8v respectively with 400m,500m,600m output current... i don want to use flyback regulator.. for which output values i can use linear & for which switching????? vin=12v,Iin=1A.. plz inform can i cascade the individual designs of the above 3...? if yes then either in parrallel or series???

Hi, this depends actually in your application. Yes you can do cascading of the power supply but we need to need what is the sequencing. which one must turn on first or which one must be turned off and which one must remain on for the total operation time and things as such. designing a multi supply system is quite tricky, especially if your application is embedded systems.

But if you want just to power on everything, you can have an SMPS from 12V-7V that could handle the 1A total load. probably 2 linear reg from 7V-3V3 and 3V3-1V8. the linear reg must be calculated for their power dissipations.

There are other possible combinations but depends really on the requirements.

hi mahmoud,
the best reference i ever used is the reference book "switching power supply design", published by Mc Graw-Hill, covering all sectors of switched mode power supply design mystery. clearly it is not free but if you could use this book (or at least some of its chapters), you would have no need to any other subject.

hi
this may be help to you but it is only for buck converter

Attachments

• 606PET25.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 5,628
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back