Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SN7407 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi Guys,

I am trying to figure something out and have spent ages without getting anywhere, just hope you guru's can point out the obviouse to me.

I have a circuit (not mine) that uses a SCN68681 dual rx/tx (DUART), pin 13 (TXDB) goes to pin 3 of a SN7407 hex buffer/driver. when I inject 5v to pin 3 (2A input) of the SN7407 simulating the DUART taking the line high (5v) nothing happens on pin 4 (2Y output) also I have injected TTL comms to pin 3 and again nothing out on pin 4 of SN7407.

When I check the input (pin 3) of the SN7407 whilst injecting it all look fine, so line is not being dragged down or anything. I have even removed the DUART from it's socket and again still nothing on output (PIN 4) of SN7407, I don't think the SN7404 at shot at either.

I'm probably missing something stupid but as I have been looking for ages I think I can see wood for trees now :(

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi Steve,
The output of an SN7407 has an open collector so it needs a pullup resistor from its output to a positive voltage of up to +30V to go high.
Its output can sink low with up to 40mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back