Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sn754410

Status
Not open for further replies.

uaefame

Hello everyone,

I would like to control a dcmotor in both directions. therefore, i decided to use sn754410. My dcmotor can handle 1.5-3V. This causes me to warry because sn754410 Supports 4.5-36V.

Q1>Anyone know if sn754410 will support the dc motor with 1.5-3V?
N1>If you have another way to control a dc motor in both directions you can tell me if you want?

Last edited:
If it's a little RA130 motor then remember the SN754410 will drop 1.4V anyway. So a 4.5V supply will only supply 3.1V to the motors.

Q1>Which one is easier to control a dc motor speed + direction: sn754410 or L298?

I live in united arab emirates, I don't have access to any of these parts l298 or sn754410

Q2> Which store in US or UK do u recommend i should buy, because i made 2 POBOX one in UK and US to buy these kind of parts l298 or sn754410?

Q1>Which one is easier to control a dc motor speed + direction: sn754410 or L298?

I live in united arab emirates, I don't have access to any of these parts l298 or sn754410

Q2> Which store in US or UK do u recommend i should buy, because i made 2 POBOX one in UK and US to buy these kind of parts l298 or sn754410?

The SN754410 is the newer, better "pin to pin compatible" for the older L298..

Not sure about the delivery fee with other companies, but if you select your country, "United Arab Emirates" in the combo box at core electronics, it says $8.80 for shipping. The **broken link removed** can be found **broken link removed**

It seems a good website. if you order in pack.
Q1> does the website you provide has a search engine to easier the search?

I am trying to control a bipolar stepper motor using SN754410 and PIC 16F84A in both direction.

Bipolar stepper motor specifications are:
800mA
5V
7.5deg/phase

HTML:
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/an106/SMAN106.htm

I will used similar schematic shown in this website with minor changes which is changing EZ232 and U1 with PIC16F84A.

Q1> Is this schematic missing capacitor or resistor in between it seems empty?

I already order 5 sn754410 from this website and now 2 weeks past tomorrow i will check my POBOX i wish its there :)

Q1> I have sn754410 can i connect it directly to the stepper motor or dc motor without including diodes?

Q2> I am using eagle 5.1.0 and i am trying to find sn754410 from the library but with no hope to get it any suggestion what i should do? I am using a free eagle version.

Last edited:
Thanks 3v0 for the file, I found it but the problem is i can't copy it from your schematic till mine. I think i need to save it as lbr first i am looking over the net on how to make lbr file but if anyone know how to make lbr file or how to copy from one schematic till another i appericate your help.

Thanks 3v0 for the file, I found it but the problem is i can't copy it from your schematic till mine. I think i need to save it as lbr first i am looking over the net on how to make lbr file but if anyone know how to make lbr file or how to copy from one schematic till another i appericate your help.

Have you done this ?

Open the schematic with the part you want.
Select the group icon and draw a box around the part. the selected area will be shaded.
Select the cut icon (scissors) and right click in the shaded area, select cut group from the drop down menu.
Just to be sure, Select the past icon (wand) to test paste a copy into my schematic. This makes sure it is in the cut buffer.

Switch to your schematic.
Use the past icon to paste the part in.

Last edited:
Thanks it work. My other question about does sn754410 need diode for a bipolar stepper motor of 7.5degree/pulse, 5V and 800mA.

or its build in diode,

Thanks in advance

Thanks it work. My other question about does sn754410 need diode for a bipolar stepper motor of 7.5degree/pulse, 5V and 800mA.

or its build in diode,
The datasheet from Texas Instruments is confusing.
It shows a schematic of the output with built-in output clamp diodes and the spec's have a low max forward voltage drop for them when their current is high.

But the application circuit shows external diodes added.

I think adding it is safer assume i want to add it for the bipolar stepper motor with the spec mentioned above what diode should i use?

Q2> how to select a diode for a motor?

Thanks in advance

The diode needs to have a reverse voltage rating that is higher than the power supply voltage and its current rating nrrds to be higher than the motor's max current rating.

Your motor doesn't have any current spec's.

Yes it does the stepper motor that i am using is 800mA, 5V and 7.5degree/pulse. Thanks 3v0 and audioguru for replying.

Q> Can you recommend few diode i can use?

I will try my best searching the internet on diode catalogies that will help me.

I have found that VCC2 can operate at 3.6VDC.

Yes krumlink you can supply VCC2 with 3.6V volts but its not recommended the normal range is between 4.5V till 36V and the absolute max range is between -0.5V till 36V.

Q> What krumlink is doing is ok because he is using sn754410 in the absolute max range does anything will happen to the circuit or sn754410?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back