Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Snap back circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I been trying to figure this out what the heck is "snap back circuit"
The esp8266 has
snap back on all the gpio
it tells you this in the data sheet take my word on that there not much to read in the data sheet. But this is what it said "Usually bounce (snap back) voltage is about 6V, while maintaining the voltage is 5.8V.
It said voltage below 6 volts will not trip the pin's. Now i've played with 4 of these and I no for sure one of them. I was rough on LOL. I forgot my glasses and install it backward in my break out board that has a ch340g usb to serial chip to program the board. And that to get full speed of the serial the voltage
level has to be 3.3 plus I use two diodes to drop the power on the ch340g to just under 4 volts depends on the usb port but like 3.85 to 3.90 volts
works great and one ch340g I mistakenly put a diode on the rx pin cause that works great too it you just have a 5 usb to serial converter.
But I had this ch340g running off a lm117 set to 3.6 volts which gave a 3 volt output the esp8266 didn't respond to it I could receive data from it.
But know only at lower 9600. These things are supper fast.
espBoard.jpg

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back