So, variac's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

So, variac's ? Can I control the input voltage on the drive H.O.T on tv set without saturating it ? Let's say to put the anode to the cathode off the flyback to ba able to draw a sustained arc ? And what is the danger of radiating myself in the process ?

If so then to alter the output voltage of the tranformer would be done how ? In order to control the voltage and not fry the H.O.T. Old tv tech's used a light bulb when they had trouble with the circuit and wanted it to keep running without shutting down ?

We still do sometimes!

I would suggest you alter the DC voltage feeding the transformer, the transformer itself needs to be switched at a suitable speed.

Right, which will produce a similar effect as the variac ?
So, the bulb in the b+ where did it go ? Pin 1 of the main of the trans and emitter ? And do I alter it's wattage let's say by half the recommended of a 100 w like maybe a 60 w or something ?

Ok, but still this can alter my current and solve the overheat of the H.O.T and other components in the Circuit when I beggin to draw the arc off the HV. And still I don't know where it supposed go exaxtly ?

I've got the chassis of an old Zenith 13" and pulled it out. With the Cathode exposed and anode. Doing this with my first Chassis it worked. But this one has alot more voltage I guess and somehow is overdriving the H.O.T ? This is just an experiment for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…