Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soft On/Off circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziddik

hello ppl

i want to build the circuit posted below which is a soft On/Off circuit and i need some advise. I want the circuit to work from a 4V battery by replacing relay with a bunch of white LEDs so what modifications I need in this circuit to make it work from a 4V battery? Also is there any fault in the circuit? The IC is flip flop CD4027. All kind of infos will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,587
hi,
There are some errors on your circuit.

You should not leave pin #4, floating, also assuming a current gain of 10 in the transistor, the 8k2 is far to high a value, you only have 1mA Base current.

There should also be a back EMF clamp diode across the relay coil.

Check the CD4027 Source current drive specification ref image

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    40.2 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
It appears that you just want to latch on an string of LED's with a momentary push button switch. Your circuit uses a second switch to reset.

Would you prefer to use a single switch to latch on and then latch off the LED's? That is, one push is "on" the next push is "off," and so forth.

John

Yes Jp...just a push and the circuit should turn ON and turn off by next push..i'm not talking about the mechanical switch because mechanical switch makes the LEDs flick as the current drops in the battery..so i want use an electronic switch..any simple circuits that you could recommend? Thanks jp

Hi Thanks for pointing out the errors eric so assuming i should connect the pin #4 to ground?

hi,
The CD4027 SET and CLEAR pins are active High, look at this image showing all the states.

Remember the CD is a CMOS device so all inputs must be held High or Low, never left Open [floating]

E.

Attachments

• 4027a.gif
    4027a.gif
    114.3 KB · Views: 347
Any Schmitt inverter will work. You could even wire up a pair of NE555's as Schmitt inverters.

John

hi,
The CD4027 SET and CLEAR pins are active High, look at this image showing all the states.

Remember the CD is a CMOS device so all inputs must be held High or Low, never left Open [floating]

E.

Thanks eric so i should set the pin high or low and change the resistance to low and put a diode to prevent back emf but i don't use relay in this circuit actually its to turn On/Off some white LEDs..maybe 5 of them. Is there anything else i should aware regarding this circuit? I'm gonna build that soon if everything else is ok..don't wanna waste time by making mistake and burn them that's why i need your help :) thanks jp and eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back