Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar powered ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexbade

can anybody help me for my school project on design and construction of solar powered uninterruptible power system 1000va. ineed the schematic diagram. thanks

dexbade said:
can anybody help me for my school project on design and construction of solar powered uninterruptible power system 1000va. ineed the schematic diagram. thanks

Hi dexblade,

What have you got so far? Nobody here is going to design one for you if it's for school and you're supposed to design one yourself, but we'll gladly offer any help we can.

Torben

How long does the supply have to provide power, and how long do you have to recharge the batteries?

dexbade said:
torben, pls give me some of your ideas. thanks

I gave you my best idea: show us what you've already come up with so we aren't duplicating work. We can't guess how far you got before you got stuck.

But Bill's right: you're going to need lots of solar panels. And crutschow is also right: without knowing how long it must run for and how long it has to charge, (i.e. how long full sunlight lasts in your location each day), there is no way to answer the question.

What class is this for? What work have you already done on it? Do you actually have to build the thing? It's going to be very expensive.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back