Solder Paste at 200X

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Just for fun I kicked the QX3 up to 200X while looking at a PCB with solder paste on it. I found it interesting. Maybe you will too. Or not.

Attachments

• PASTE_200X.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 685
I am using a fry pan as suggested by SparkFun. But instead of an electric fry pan I am using a thrift store Teflon pan on the gas kitchen range.

Some day I would like to build the toster over along with an etching tank... but for now the process works. The solder paste stencil cutting is doing well. Now if only I could plate holes.

3v0

Nifty keen. I have got to try this. Did you cut the stencil yourself or buy one online?

I cut the stencil using a CRICUT scrapbook cutter. I figured out how to in this thread.

I have switched from a laminator pouch to a overhead transparency to get a thicker paste layer. It took 4 passes on medium pressure and speed to cut a clean stencil.

3v0

Last edited:
Bump
A member asked me about SMD solder paste in chat. If you have never seen it under a microscope here it is in 200X. aka solder balls in flux
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…