solder paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorpydo

Hey,

I've been looking for a solder paste that doesn't have a shelf life, or at least has a really long one. Is there such a thing? I can use a toaster oven to heat it.

Thanks!

I have some called Nokorode manufactured by the m.w. dunton co. from providence r.i.. The stuff is probably over 50 years old and still in good shape.

Are you referring to paste-type solder for working with surface mount components (like in syringe) or the paste-type soldering flux in a little round tin?
JB

At my previous place of employment we kept the paste solder in well-sealed and well-marked containers in a refrigerator, far away from any foodstuffs. Doing that seemed to extend the shelf life a great deal. I wouldn't recommend this if you have children in the house, though.
JB

Yeah, I heard that when you order it from digikey they only allow you to get it by overnight shipping, and they ship it in a styrofoam container packed with ice? or something like that... At least that's what it said in the "toaster reflow soldering" guide that i read :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…