Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering Proposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

micr0man

Hello everybody,

I have been designing a circuit recently have have come to a stop. I will need to solder 2 TQFP packages to a PCB but I am unable to solder it due to having a cheap iron. This means i am looking for somebody to solder the two IC's for me onto the board.

This is a prototype PCB so at the moment i only need one board to be soldered and that will be it with this offer.

I would solder it myself but I only have a £2 iron and due to my economic situation am unable to afford buying a re-flow station, better iron or skillet dedicated to re-flow for a few months.

If anybody is able to help me out i would be very appreciated. Due to me not yet being 18 I am unable to gain a paypal account to pay you through that method. However if you have means of me paying you through a visa card or need something small that you wish to have i may be able to get it here and post it too you along with my board, I will pay all postage.

If you wish to help me please leave a comment below or send me a PM and we can talk about it. I would prefer it if the user lives in the UK or Europe but i may be able to get them send else where

Thanks for your time, Dave

Last edited:
Actually you should be able too. Solder paste on each pad. Tack the corners.

Turn the board UPSIDE DOWN and run the iron along the pins. Pick a solder with a close liquid and solidus point.

i think i will leave it for now as I do not yet feel i would be capable of soldering expensive IC's to boards for now, but maybe in the near future

Just as an update i have settled on an offer with somebody so i do not need any more offers, thank you very much birdman0_o, and Diver300

I would be interested in paying someone to help me with this kinda stuff too. I suffer from ET, (essential tremors) and from time to time I will need to have small chips soldered to breakout boards or the like. My hands shake so bad sometimes I could solder 3 joints at once. I live in the US.

I would be interested in paying someone to help me with this kinda stuff too. I suffer from ET, (essential tremors) and from time to time I will need to have small chips soldered to breakout boards or the like. My hands shake so bad sometimes I could solder 3 joints at once. I live in the US.
If you apply flux it's very easy to solder fine pitched ICs using a running blob of solder - the flux helps immensely to stop bridging between joints.

If you apply flux it's very easy to solder fine pitched ICs using a running blob of solder - the flux helps immensely to stop bridging between joints.

If I could control the axis that the tremors occur in I could that. Unfortunately anything that is not thru-hole or otherwise anchored down is an impossibilty for me. Its been so bad I stabbed myself with a screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back