Soldering Proposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

micr0man

Hello everybody,

I have been designing a circuit recently have have come to a stop. I will need to solder 2 TQFP packages to a PCB but I am unable to solder it due to having a cheap iron. This means i am looking for somebody to solder the two IC's for me onto the board.

This is a prototype PCB so at the moment i only need one board to be soldered and that will be it with this offer.

I would solder it myself but I only have a £2 iron and due to my economic situation am unable to afford buying a re-flow station, better iron or skillet dedicated to re-flow for a few months.

If anybody is able to help me out i would be very appreciated. Due to me not yet being 18 I am unable to gain a paypal account to pay you through that method. However if you have means of me paying you through a visa card or need something small that you wish to have i may be able to get it here and post it too you along with my board, I will pay all postage.

If you wish to help me please leave a comment below or send me a PM and we can talk about it. I would prefer it if the user lives in the UK or Europe but i may be able to get them send else where

Thanks for your time, Dave

Last edited:
Actually you should be able too. Solder paste on each pad. Tack the corners.

Turn the board UPSIDE DOWN and run the iron along the pins. Pick a solder with a close liquid and solidus point.

i think i will leave it for now as I do not yet feel i would be capable of soldering expensive IC's to boards for now, but maybe in the near future

Just as an update i have settled on an offer with somebody so i do not need any more offers, thank you very much birdman0_o, and Diver300

I would be interested in paying someone to help me with this kinda stuff too. I suffer from ET, (essential tremors) and from time to time I will need to have small chips soldered to breakout boards or the like. My hands shake so bad sometimes I could solder 3 joints at once. I live in the US.

If you apply flux it's very easy to solder fine pitched ICs using a running blob of solder - the flux helps immensely to stop bridging between joints.

Hey jaguar, if ever you need help, we are pretty close geographically, so just shoot me a PM or email.

If you apply flux it's very easy to solder fine pitched ICs using a running blob of solder - the flux helps immensely to stop bridging between joints.

If I could control the axis that the tremors occur in I could that. Unfortunately anything that is not thru-hole or otherwise anchored down is an impossibilty for me. Its been so bad I stabbed myself with a screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…