Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering TSOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

patroclus

Hello,
I have some years of experience in soldering common DIP components, and only some simple SMD components replacements.
I need to use big memories such as 29F032 (32 Mbits) flash. Its package is TSOP 40 or 48 pin. I need to make a PCB for it. I've already made 5 or 6 PCBs (drawing on copper boards, and using ferric clorhidre). So far I get good results.

But I'm afraid I won't be able to make such small and close together pads for the TSOP device. Any advide??

thak you!

Use micro-tip tempreature controlled soldering iron or hot-air pencil for soldering/desoldering SMd's.

I use a standar JBC 14W iron, with 0.5mm tip.
I make my PCBs using permanent pens and cutting tools to make thin tracks.
Would I be able to made the pads on a PCB like this, and solder a TSOP, maybe using flux??

I want to try the toner transfer using iron. I heard of magazine paper working great. Any magazines paper?? It should be a white paper I suppose? or doesn't it matter??

thank you

patroclus said:
I want to try the toner transfer using iron. I heard of magazine paper working great. Any magazines paper?? It should be a white paper I suppose? or doesn't it matter??
thank you
No the color of the magazine paper doesn't matter as it wont come off while ironing. All you need is a glossy paper which will leave the toner ink as soon as heat is applied.

I want to build something like this
http://nintendoallstars.w.interia.pl/romlab/tsop2snes.png

To build that circuit, you need a PCB design software and some way to transfer the desing to a copper board, because the TSOP is tiny.

Which software can I use to create a PCB desing like this, with white background and black wires, ready to print??. I tried some but none worked for me, and Eagle seems to hard, because I can't wire the TSOP device...

thank you.

patroclus said:
Eagle seems to hard, because I can't wire the TSOP device...

What do you mean?

If you are not able to put wires to all pins, you might have to adjust the grid settings to your TSOP package's dimensions. I just tried it with a 14 leads TSSOP, and since by default Eagle has a 0.05 grid (0.025 when Alt key is held down), I had to press down Alt to reach all the pins. I could also have changed the grid to 0.025 spacing (View -> Grid...) Hope that helps.

Yes, but if you move the TSOP device, the wires don't move. They are not attached. Is it normal?
Also, how can I export it as a white background image with black traces?? I managed to do with black background and white wires... Of course, it has to be 1:1 scale.

Thank you!

If you got an black whith white traces you can simply invert the image.Evrything white becomes black and evrything black beomes white.

Great, working now.
But When I use DIP devices, the pads are just too big (and oval). Is there a way to make them circular ?? (so they are a bit smaller?)

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back