Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solid-State Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want the circuit to do?
If the transistors survive the load's current then the circuit allows a cheap little pushbutton or toggle switch to turn on the high current load.

Im hoping that you touch the two electrodes at the far left with a finger, and the circuit activates.

It won't turn on a high current if your finger is dry. It won't work if you wear gloves.

you must have removed your schematic, or it's hosted somewhere my ad-blocker has removed, as I can't see anything

good solid state buttons:

capacitive discharge - check out quantum research corp ... qprox.com

IR beam break / reflection - ir emitter + ir detector arranged such that a finger near the 'button' will reflect ir into the detector - modulate the signal such that random IR doesn't interfere.

Bi-directional LEDS - two leds working as a light source and a light detector, if both indicate a change, you could interpret it as a "button push"

If you connect those two wires with anything low resistance, it will burn out the transistor. You need to add some resistance in series with the lower wire.

I agree this circuit is flawed in other ways as well.

The simple circuit is fine. It is two cascaded emitter-followers. Short the input to the supply and if the 2nd transistor can handle the load's current then the base current of the 1st transistor will be very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back