solid state switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

hi I’m trying to make a solid state switch that will take a 2-4V input and then close a circuit much like a relay however I’m trying not to use a relay in my circuit I’m not sure what to call this type of circuit or where to begin. If someone could help me that would be great
Thanks Jeremy

Go to DigiKey, and search for a Solid-State Relay (SSR). They sell hundreds of them. The only reason for making one yourself is if you are bored, cheap, or you want to learn how they work...

Thanks for the response I’m trying to build this so i can learn how to do it, and I’m cheep. I did some more digging around and I believe I can do this with a triac circuit
Thanks again

If switching line AC then, for safety, you will also need a opto isolator to drive the triac

hi thanks for the info I’m not switching ac so the triac won’t work. I guess I’m back to a solid state relay anyone happen to know where I can find some schematics.

What you are asking depends on the DC voltage you want to switch and also the DC load current you want to switch. Knowing that information would help.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…