Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some PIC16F628A or any other PIC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i think i am going to buy a micro controller now that i have realized that there is so much i can do. i have read some info on this site and i have seen that most of you recommend the PIC16F628A for starters i think i am going to get it from this site
https://www.robotobjects.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=77

Question #1 how do i connect it to the computer can i do this right through USB or what.

thats it

david.
please tell me anything you think a begginer should know

Get familiar with a tutorial site like this http://www.winpicprog.co.uk

Answer #1
No, you cannot do this right through USB for this would be a PIC18FXXXX or the like device. You can thank the corrupt monopoly software company for removing your prior right to access your own paid for computer peripherals sans intentional wasteful complexity and monopolistic costly software regulation impediments. You need to design your own driver, or pay someone else to make one for you, or use a common free version and hope its WHQL certified else deal with annoying messages, or spend extra money and extra PCB footprint space on USB to [SPI, I2C, UART] ICs to handle all the data conversion and OVER-overhead for you, or buy the proper PIC device that is capable of direct connection from the circuit to the USB port albeit should not be the main code device since USB code consumes a huge amount of processing time and space and requires knowledge and skills far beyond your original microcontroller projects goal.

You may however use a MAX232 IC for legacy Serial communication or USB-UART IC for USB downgraded communcation between the PC and PIC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back