Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some recommendations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunedwolf

Hey guys,

I have a wee project that I'm considering using the ZigBee stuff for...
I'm looking to pair up with a PIC, trouble is the range is vast now, and I'm kind of set in my ways now when it comes to device selection.
I'm looking for some device recommendations, for both the endpoints and coordinator etc. I'll need a/d, comparators and a decent eeprom onboard. Perhaps an internal oscillator also. I'm not sure if I will want to use the free Microchip stack or not, any thoughts on that ? The Texas zigbee modules look ok, as does the Freescale stuff, any suggestions of which modules are best for a range of about 50-100M inside a building ? I'm a little out of my depth with this, so I welcome any suggestions etc :)

I know the zigbee goes a long way now. So a PIC with SIO and the IO/ADC you need.

What exactly are you tring to do? That will get more people responding.

I can't be specific, because the spec for this is still evolving, the project will involve a little telemetry, and data aquisition/logging in both directions.

It will primarily depend on reliablility, complexity, and overall system cost, if any one of those params are borderline, then I will give the project a miss.
Obviously until I have a fully evolved battle plan, I won't be able to determine the repeatable system costs, so I'm not overly worried about that at this stage. I'm only looking for helpful advice from folks that have used the ZigBee stuff, their experiences etc, and some recommendations on what PIC would be best suited to meet my goals. Which modules are good etc. Like I stated in my first post, I am a little out of my depth with it, because of my lack of experience working with ZigBee :)

I would pick a nice PIC (pun I know) and use SIO to the zigbees for now then. RF pic will probably not meet your range and you have to figure it all out. Zigbee is simple and works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back