Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony PS-F9 turntable. Disconnected component don't know where it goes?

Hippos

I am not an electronic expert in any way. I usually just repair, or try hard to repair what I have because absolutely no one is technically qualified where I live, Sadly..

Sony PS=F( turntable, the Japanese Version, which I can't seem to find a service manual for. The one I could find everywhere is the manual for the Canadian version.

The difference is that the jap version has an FM transmitter which was working great until I decided to replace the back-cover screws because their philips head seems a bit corroded. Anyway, I replaced them, but being dumb enough, I forgot which one goes where and there are difference sizes lengths for the screws so I just lifted the backcover to check where the tall ones and short ones go and put it back..

While doing so, I probably knocked out a leg of a component that was soldered to the board. That component, after searching looked like this
(googling, it seem like a choke)

tonnetje_groen_640.jpg

The turntable still works, but no longer FM transmits.
Is that loose leg, probably, the reason why the FM thing stopped working?
Here are the actual photos from inside the device
5767116102218925577.jpg

5767116102218925576.jpg

5767116102218925575.jpg

I can't seem to find a place on the board that shows a sign of a disconnected component.

Service manual of the canadian version <<<<

So the FM transmitter only works with a DC power supply, when using battery it does not work. That is how it is designed not a flaw. Now it doesn't work on either. Normally, it starts transmitting once the device is connected to a power supply and even if the device is turned off (on/off button is set to off) it still transmits an empty silent transmission.

I would appreciate if someone can help me of where to solder the loose leg and I am ready to open the back cover any time to give you more photos or any info you need. I just fear to go under the board. Highly sensitive wire connections that give me a huge fear..

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back