Sorry if im asking too much. One more question ... BUFFER&g

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubdh23

OK i was asking about high speed data aquisitions in my earlier posts.
Im almost done. I have one more problem, I transmit at 960 bytes per second but it seems the PC is only recieving about half of this. Actually it recieves all i believe but when its transmitted to Excell file, It cant keep up. The buffer transmits for about 5 seconds after iv shut off sending those bytes so im figuring the buffer is about (5*960 bytes) big im guessing. I get it Via Visual basic and i continously export to Excell.
Excell gets it at real time at 480 bytes per sec or 4800 bps. How can i solve this problem i guess i need to physically make a buffer, full that up then send to excell but iv been working with VB for exactly One month now and i dont know how to do that. Is there any other solution to this problem.
ok that will be my last question for at least a week.
thanks
bye

how are you receiving the information on the pc side...
are you using mscomm in the vb script?

just make a ton of strings or characters or ints or whatever, dump all the data at once, then go to another program...
well thats what I do, but it may not be the best way, seems to work fine my last project using this would send 3 bytes to a 18F458 and then it would respond with a certain number of bytes (1-6 bytes), the 3 byte sequence would be for certain parameters, I just keep doing this and load up local buffers. Only takes a second or 2 at 9600, total transmission is around 300 bytes...

done in vb as well...

cubdh23 said:
Yes i am. MSCOMM.

You can change the size of mscomm's receive buffer
Search for mscomm on msdn.microsoft.com and search how to do this. It will make reception faster...

but basically mscomm is this slow (vb in general actually).
if you realy need high speed then you should go to a real programming language, like VC++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…